Our core values.
We Foster Education
For over ten years, Learning Fun 101 has worked hard to provide high-quality, and engaging enrichment activities in our community. While "STEAM" is a relativity new buzz-word, you can easily see why it's gained so much popularity over the last few years.
We Pursue Excellence
Our emphasis on STEAM related activities, means that we want children to have access to the best inquiry-based education; the type of learning that can help these children imagine themselves working in fields like Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math. Learnin gfun 101 Classes has been pushing hard for STEAM education, long before it became a hip buzz-word.
21ST CENTURY SKILLS
Robotics is a system that teaches students how to build robots or smart machines using motors and sensors, and how to program them using an easy programming language, all in an environment of fun learning and excitement. By building those robots, the students will easily practice a set of subjects such as Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, as well as what is called “21st century skills”.
We Create Fun
For over ten years, we've been at the forefront of supplemental education in the greater Austin area. Whether child has a budding interest in engineering, an obsession with creating, or is just starting their journey toward finding their passion, we have a FUN engaging class for that.
Instructing elementary aged children on various projects. Our instructors are on elementary school campuses, teaching classes to students K-6th grade.
We hire instructors based on their location; if hired, you would be placed at elementary schools within 15-20 minutes of your home.
– 1+ to 2 years of experience with children
– High school degree
– Fun, energetic, and creative individuals
– Experience working with children
– Must have your own reliable transportation (car necessary)
– Must own a computer, printer and have access to a digital camera and internet.
– A background check is required, the results of which may affect employment.
– Compensation: Teaching rate: $18 per hour. Prep time, meetings, and training is set at $10 an hour.
– Industry: Tutoring & Lessons
– Availability: Part-time, must be able to commit from August to June, 6-9 hours a week in the afternoons.
If you are looking for more than 15 hours a week, this job is not for you.
Preferred Candidate Availability:
– Afternoons, approximately 1:30-5pm
**RESUME & COVER LETTER are NOT Required to apply for this position. (If you do not have these, please skip that portion of the application)